Monday, January 18, 2010

Not a good week.

For the most part everything is going well, but im getting more and more frustrated with people in my platoon not being able to accomplish the easiest of tasks, they cant be on time, they ask idiotic questions and by doing so cut into our meal times, they cant march in step or keep timing whatsoever.
We have one boring class after another, mostly filling out paperwork again and again and again.
Then tuesday rolls around and its PT test day, im sitting in class filling out the papers for it, and my Master Corporal comes in the class and tells me to follow him. We go down the hall, around the corner and into the chapel, he passes me off to the padre, who in a calm voice and thick french accent tells me that my stepfather has had a hard attack, and that he didnt make it. shit falls apart, im sobbing, thousands of emotions, the man who raised me for nearly 26 years is gone. He went quickly though, the best way.
My saving grace is that I told him that I loved him before I left for basic, and although I didnt see his face, ?I heard in his voice how he got choked up when he said it back. We knew the love was always there, even though the words werent.
I get on a train thursday and come home for the service and to be with my family. Back to the base on monday.
So i failed the run portion of the PT test and now i have to go to "Warrior Fitness Platoon"......which is essentially fat camp. I understand that people go in "husky" and come out animals!
Its pretty much a personal trainer that is going to teach me how to eat right and kick my ass!!! So im not too upset about losing weight and getting into shape!
For all of those thet i had told already, thankyou for your condolences and for your kind words and prayers, My family and I really do appreciate it, and we all know that you are all there waiting to help if called.
Im doing well for now, alot of stuff to sort through and to take care of, and gotta keep soldier-ing on.
And let me say this, I know that many of you reading this will reply with more condolences, i know you love me and i feel the same about you, thats why were friends...so thankyou in advance.
I love you all.
Kiss kiss for now.

3 comments:

  1. My deepest sympathy to you and your family Craig. Hang in there an keep you head up Brother. If you need anything just give me a shout. Take care ad stay safe Brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Craig, I had a dream about you last night!
    I am horrible with condolences and such, but know that my heart aches for you and that I love you!
    Good luck with your Warrior Fitness Platoon! Think about how buff you'll be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Burtchie:

    There never seems to be a "Right Time" for a loved one to pass along, a loss is a loss and always hard to deal with when it happens.

    In those times of sorrow, it seems that one of the best type's of comfort is knowing that you have so many friends that are here for you to help you stand strong and walk tall in your time of need.

    I have had my "quota" of lost ones, each one was hard to deal with. Though I can't imagine what it must be like to lose a parent, as both of mine are well, however like all of us, their days are numbered. When their time comes, I will need to lean on you. I know you will be there because that is the type of friend and brother that you are.

    I've never been good at sympathy letters, not a strong point of mine, but know this, both Vanessa and I feel for you and your family and are in deep regret and sorrow for your loss.

    I want to end on a more cheerful note, so I will take this time to agree with Randi. I can't wait to see you all "buffed" out, the only thing that will suck about getting ripped is that you will no longer be "Big in Japan"......oh well.

    Cheers

    Danny

    ReplyDelete